Friday, September 1, 2017

Neighbor-Five Minute Friday

What a word for this week in light of the recent devastation with Hurricane Harvey and the new season we find ourselves entering. How I long for days when Mr. Rogers was a friendly face who greeted us regularly.


Nobody left out
Each
Individual counts
Greet all with
Heart and
Build
Ongoing
Rapport

I wish I had done that before Hurricane Irene flooded my apartment complex's parking lot. I was safe on the second floor, but the basement apartments and my SUV were not. Had I taken the time to get to know my neighbors before Irene, perhaps we could've helped each other and not suffered such losses. Perhaps, but I certainly made the effort to reach out afterwards to help in whatever way I could.

Today, I couldn't help but think of Mr. Rogers' neighborhood song,"Won't you be mine?"


STOP

Luke 10:36-37 "Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers' hands?" And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same." (NASB)

Check out some of my other neighbors at www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. I am your neighbor at Five Minute Friday. I forgot about Mr. Rodger. I love your acrostic for neighbor. Sorry that you were in Houston. All one can do is keep on keeping on. I am new in my neighborhood and it is hard but I am forcing people to meet me LOL. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had that trouble with Irene, Leigh. That was a bad one.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/08/your-dying-spouse-357-fine-sense-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hindsight is a great teacher. We have all been there. Great post this week. #48.

    ReplyDelete