Sunday, September 10, 2017

Work-A late posting for Five Minute Friday

It was my first week back to work as a teacher, so I am slowly getting into the routine again. I have been teaching almost twenty years now of which I feel so blessed to have enjoyed that much time in such a great career. Kids keep us young! It is with this mindset that the word's flowed today.

work.......

If it's fun, it doesn't feel like work

Focused, busy, creating and developing

Sharing skills with others while gaining new ones

It keeps us out of trouble

Let's us know we are needed and have a place

Yet we are humbled by how hard it is sometimes

Long hours and long faces when it's not a piece of cake

A gift we need

Otherwise, what's the alternative?

So thankful I have always had some kind of work

So thankful for the world of it-diverse as it is

STOP

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 "I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime; moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-it is the gift of God." (NASB)

To see what others are working towards check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. Leigh,

    This sums up my existence! So thankful I always have some kind of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh congratulations on 20 years of such a rewarding and beautiful career. I love teachers with all of my heart! My son and I talked the other day about whether we could remember all of the teachers we have had in our lives. We then talked about what we learned from them and what we liked. I realized we were really blessed because so many of them really taught something that stuck.

    I hope that you will continue to stick in the hearts of those wonderful children you teach.

    Work does let us know we are needed, and that is a very good thing in this world.

    Visiting really late for this post, but I'm glad I got a chance!

    ReplyDelete