Friday, September 22, 2017

Accept-Five Minute Friday

Oh, how I wrestled with this one and how I wish I had more than just five minutes. The word was like a mirror reflection, exposing what's truly been in my heart at times.



accept......

Consent to receive

Come to recognize an explanation as valid or correct

Do I? Do I really believe God has my best interest at heart?  Do I see it as the very best?  Honestly, no because I don't like His ways all the time. His ways don't always make sense.
His ways seem harsh or careless. And yet the song, "My God knows the way through the wilderness. All I need to do is follow." comes to mind.

Betty Mitchell (January 12, 1921-June 28,2017) sang this song with her children when her husband was abducted. Betty Mitchell lost a brother and sister prior to that. Later, she found herself captured.

STOP

Reading Betty's tribute and obituary in Alliance Life magazine this month inspired me to think, when she finally met her God and Savior earlier this year what that meeting must have been like. I can't picture her giving Him any lip about the trials she had to face. I can't hear her saying, "You know, God this really sucked! What were you thinking? You could've at least let me enjoy a little more time with my husband. Why didn't You do a better job of protecting us after all we had done for You!" Somehow, I gather it just wasn't in her nature. And so I am left to choose who I will accept to be God and where He says I should follow.

To read more about Betty check out http://www.cmalliance.org/alife/in-her-own-words/

To see what others are now accepting check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

5 comments:

  1. Leigh, I appreciate the raw honesty of your post. Thanks for introducing me to Betty Mitchell. What an incredible example she provided of what it means to chose to trust and remain faithful to God through harrowing circumstances. Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working on my Bible study and came across these words: "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8) We are all learning this, learning to trust. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acceptance can be so hard, Leigh! It's easier for me; I'm the one being hammered, and I can see a plan unfolding...but for my wife it's really horrendous. She hates what's happening, and is oftentimes just furious with God.

    I would be, too, I think, in her shoes.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/09/your-dying-spouse-365-i-live-impossible.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about Betty. I didn't know her story. I am learning more and more to accept all things from the Lord. I do truly believe that there are some things that He will work for good. Have a wonderful week. FMF visiting from #67

    ReplyDelete