Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 - Forging Ahead

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:13-16


Goals. I've never been one for a five or ten year plan. It's always been difficult for me to plan and imagine that far down the road. I really don't know what I'd like to be doing and where and how I plan or hope to live that far down the road. However, I don't think I'll be in quite the same place as I am now.

For this year, I found it difficult to even set new goals. A lot of them were to continue or maintain what I'm already doing. There is one hope though. I hope I will be able to narrow down my focus and better understand my life purpose. It may even come as a surprise to me and my readers later on. Who Knows?

When I reviewed my goals for last year and compared it to everything I actually did, there were some stark contrasts. Out of the 20 goals I set for myself, I accomplished about 8 of them. Yet there were all kinds of new things I had never planned on doing at the beginning of that year. In fact, at least half of my top 20 highlights of 2010 were totally unforeseen or unplanned! Which brings me to the passage from James 4 included at the top.We never know what each day will bring us. May we cherish and make the most of the opportunities we are granted.

I am excited that there will probably be some new and fun things I will get to do and learn this year. I am also excited about the possibility of deeper or new relationships. I hope it is an exciting and blessed year for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment