Sunday, July 8, 2018

Vacation-Five Minute Friday

Ah! The word we all long for. The trip of a lifetime we yearn to take. Sometimes it means using our imagination. Each and every day, we can take a little vacation and leave our worries behind.

Vacation......



I can have it. I can find it. I can create that space and place in my mind. Recalling the view through the white netting of a hammock, tied between two palm trees on a white sandy beach with clear, turquoise waters just beyond.




Adventures in going nowhere, I can take in my mind. Five to ten minutes visualizing in Aruba on one happy island. I leave my worries for the moment behind. Perhaps when I return to reality I can at least feel more relaxed. I might see something different. I might not.

STOP


Matthew 6:28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV)

To see what others do for vacation, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com


2 comments:

  1. Memories are great from those vacation moments. I think if Icean Grive and Maine often. Things may still be the same in reality but They bring a smile to my soul.

    Love you much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vacations we take in our minds - leisurely and without all the packing - are some of the most relaxing and rewarding..aren't they? Sometimes just what we need:)

    ReplyDelete