Sunday, July 29, 2018

Thirteen-Five Minute Friday

Greetings everyone! This is the first time we have had a number for our one word prompt. It stirred a lot of different emotions in me. Wondering what other's experience is with this. Here's mine.

Thirteen

It's the day I was born on. To celebrate one of my BIG birthdays several years ago, there were thirteen of us. 








It's a birthday I will always remember as it was the last one my dad was able to celebrate with me. He died the following month. It was also the day when some family members whom had not spoken in years put their differences aside to come and celebrate with me. It got them talking again until the next rift tore everything apart.


 It was the party my best friend missed because she was hospitalized due to complications during her almost sixth month of pregnancy. 

It was very bittersweet.

STOP

Ecclesiastes 9:7 " Go then, eat your bread in happiness and drink your wine with a cheerful heart; for God has already approved your works" (NASB)


To see what others think of thirteen, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment