Sunday, February 25, 2018

Beauty- Five Minute Friday

It has been a busy weekend between celebrating my mom, Linda's upcoming 70th birthday and also losing a dear sister in my church and the horse I have so loved for the past several years. I am convinced that the beauty of a life is not measured by how long one lives, but by the magnitude it touches others.

beauty

I think of the horse I've ridden for the past several years.

I think of her gentleness, strength, and power.

She carried me effortlessly on her back. 

She kept me safe and helped me learn to canter.

She was a rescue, malnourished with scars from her life before.

She forgave people and she submitted herself, trusting humans once again.

She was kind and all children loved her.


I think of the brother in my church fellowship who so tenderly and lovingly cared 

for his wife the last so many years as she slipped further and further away from 

Alzheimer's. The twinkle in his eyes for her never stopped.
Roger, Carol, and my cousin, Teddy

STOP



To see what others have posted check out www.fiveminutefriday.com



1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. Sad, yet hopeful. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete