Friday, March 2, 2018

Regret- Five Minute Friday

Ah, a day to write on Friday as we are being slammed with a Nor'easter in the northeast. Just over a week ago it was in the 70's and now it is a mess outside. We never know what life or weather will bring our way, especially most unexpectedly. 

This week's prompt is challenging, but also encouraging. We can all have regrets, but we can decide to not regret how we love others. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to do this. I have failed in this area many times, but I want to be better. I need to be more mindful and I can. May God grant me wisdom and grace to do so.

Regret

It can keep you fixated

Looking in the rearview mirror

Missing what's straight ahead

It can paralyze you with fear

Unable to choose the next step

Worrying, "Will I regret this later on?"

"Is it really the best?"



This world holds nothing for us to hold onto. What I will never regret is telling people how I appreciate them, what I love about them, and being there. We can't take houses and cars with us into eternity, but we can beckon others to follow a narrow, yellow, brick road to a great city to see the most beautiful place and wonderful Creator of all.

STOP

Revelation 21:4-5 "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold I am making all things new."

To see how others use the word regret this week, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. Worrying about the what if's always bring regret.
    Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome words of encouragement.
    So very true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - wasn't that Nor'easter too much! I literally thought my house would blow off into the sky - like Dorothy and Toto:) Enjoyed your post. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete