Saturday, March 17, 2018

Provide-Five Minute Friday

Do we look for opportunities to be the provision for someone else's needs? Do we consider ourselves to be an answer of comfort?  Jesus no longer walks among us as He did over two thousand years ago. Instead, He lives within the hearts of His children. We are His hands and feet. I was reminded of that this week.

Provide........

Another snow day, I lamented. As soon as I got the text, I texted two of my friends complaining, "There goes Memorial Day." We've gone over our allotment and so pay back will come. I logged into Facebook to catch up and read my cousin, Teddy's post. She would be taking her Puddy to the vet for the last time that day. 

It was time. His health was failing and now he had diabetes. She has had him for many years, even before her late husband, Bob passed away. He has been her sole companion since Bob passed. 

No miracle provided. No healing this time. Instead, I was home to see her post, call, and invite her over for lunch; a hot cup of tea, soup, and sandwiches. Comfort provided on an unexpected day.

STOP

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (NASB)

To see what others provide for this week's prompt check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. What a tender post. Provision comes always...not in ways we expect. I'm late in writing. #53

    ReplyDelete