Monday, February 19, 2018

Why? A late posting for Five Minute Friday

I was a bit stumped with how to respond to this one. It is a question I ask a lot and never seem to get many answers to. It's nothing new under the sun. We all want to know.............


WHY?

We
Hunger and
Yearn to know

We ask

We can't comprehend

We fill in the blanks

We spin the wheels of our minds in mud

We sink deeper and deeper

Instead of asking, "Why not?"

We ask, "Why?"

"Why me, not them?"

"Why now? Why this?"

"What in the world is God doing?"

"What a mess this all is!"

"Why can't they see?"

"Why won't they listen?"

"Why must we learn the hard way?"

"Why are we here?"

"Why do they get away with that?"

"Why don't you fix this, God?"

Why don't we let God be God?

Why don't we leave it?

STOP

Job 41:11 "Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me?" (NIV)

To see what others have done with this week's prompt check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Honest and straight to the point. Let God be God. Linked up near you at FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your poetic expression of our "whys". I like how you wrote of the honest questions we have and how the answer lies in trusting our lives to God's hand. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete