Saturday, January 27, 2018

Surrender- Five Minute Friday

I went round and round in my head with this week's prompt while driving home from work and then set the timer for five after getting home.


surrender...

I tried to think of times I had to do this and as a result, God really blessed above and beyond. A few instances came to mind, but then I remembered others.

My pastor from many years ago had prayed about a concern and need I brought to him. He sought God's will and by mid week left a voicemail on sharing how God spoke to him and how he would change the service. I was so blessed because of his willingness to listen and change.

Then I remembered my new mom and dad. They wanted to throw their hands up so many times. They didn't and again I was blessed.

Surrender isn't about us giving up so we can gain. It's always others centered.

STOP

John 10:10 "...I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." (NIV)

To see what others surrender, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. "Surrender isn't about us giving up so we can gain. It's always others centered." Amen, Leigh. Surrender that is focused on what we can gain sounds a bit like manipulation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen! It's not about us, it's about HIM and others. Thank you...

    http://www.tracimichele.com/2018/01/surrender-five-minute-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Leigh. It's always others centered.

    ReplyDelete