Saturday, January 6, 2018

Motivate in 2018-Five Minute Friday

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome back to my blog and a new season of Five Minute Friday. Our first prompt for this year is.........


motivate

Lamentations 3:21 "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope."(NASB)

I've been recalling a lot to mind the past two weeks. Now as I think about what motivates me or provides me with a motive to do something, it all comes down to needs.

When my father passed away over ten years ago there were so many unexpected expenses that went with that.The credit card would've once again been used. Yet when my brother and I went to order the flowers for the casket from my friend's flower shop, she wouldn't charge me. It was her gift to me and God's. (James 1:17). I never forgot that.

Years later, when my new spiritual dad passed away, I was able to pay for the flowers that time. 

Kindness is always to be paid forward.

STOP

2 Corinthians 1:4 "who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (NASB)

To see what others are motivated by check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your father figures. Such a difficult thing. I love the picture in the 2 Corinthians quote of God comforting others through us, and I'm glad you were able to love others through your pain.

    ReplyDelete