Saturday, November 4, 2017

Need- Five Minute Friday

I wrote this one out in my journal last night, but am just getting to posting it now. This week was easy! No mulling over needed. A few of my needs were met in community last night.

need....

I needed that! It hit the spot. 

Seeing most of my students' families come together, 
sharing food from their countries was AWESOME! 

No feuds. No terrorism. 

Just coming together to break bread. 
Sharing a space and moment in time. 

Children laughing and playing. 
Learning the beauty of community. 
Seeing a slice of heaven. 

Five or six countries were represented. 
Different ages, different tongues, different faces. 
One mind. Share. Eat. Relax. Enjoy.

Children lead us.
Leave our struggles and differences on the side.
Come together. 
Don't give up coming together.

We need it.

STOP

Psalm 133:1 "How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity." (NIV)

Revelation 7:9 "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." (NIV)

To see what other need and how they get it check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs this right now! Awesome you got to experience it! Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh,
    That was beautiful. A picture of God's community in action.
    Blessings
    Janis
    #74 on FMF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I get to enjoy time with people of different backgrounds. It was one of my favorite memories of living overseas. It's beautiful. Thanks for helping me remember such sweet memories. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete