Saturday, November 18, 2017

Excuse-Five Minute Friday

I could go a couple of different ways with this week's prompt, but after catching up on some long overdo items, I realized what it meant for me.

excuse

/ik skyoos/- noun

a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense


What's my excuse? I threw the mail in a pile and let it set there for weeks, perhaps even a month. I finally got to it tonight.

The deadline for sending a Christmas gift to the children I sponsor through Compassion International was October 31st. It will be in the mail tomorrow.

I opened letters from my sponsored children and conviction fell as I read not once, but twice, how one of them always prays for me and that my job will go well. 

Work has been tough. I can use all the prayer I can get. I was humbled because I'm not good at praying for others on a regular basis. I know I have no excuse. Here was someone on the other side of the world doing so for me and I really needed it. God bless, Rini!

STOP

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God every time I remember you." (NIV)

To see what others are doing with this week's prompt, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com




1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you, Leigh. Teaching's a hard business, and eats more time than outsiders realize.

    I think you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete