Sunday, November 26, 2017

Familiar-Five Minute Friday

The end of thanksgiving weekend is here and I am finally settling down to post. I hope everyone had a blessed time. I wasn't sure what to post tonight as I had not given much thought to our prompt, "familiar", but came up with something. I hope you are encouraged and blessed.

familiar....

defined as "well known from long or close association"

I have not seen or heard him in weeks, possibly more than a month now

But I know him when I hear him

His boisterous high pitched tweet resonates 

I look for even a splash of his bright red, plumage

He amazes me

He reminds me of how we can and should hear our King

Spending enough time, quieting ourselves, looking and listening

His voice can carry above all others, but only if time has been spent

A wife who hears her husband chuckle, knows what's behind his laugh

A mother knows her baby

STOP

John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (NASB)

To see what others are familiar with check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. Leigh, you reminded me of a time when I was teaching a sophomore-level class in engineering, and as I was trying to be particularly profound, a bird flew past the window, and I shouted, "Ooh, look, a CARDINAL!"

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/11/your-dying-spouse-409-necessity-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spending enough time and quieting myself is hard for me. The long list of things that I must do seems so loud in my head. Thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete