Sunday, October 29, 2017

Overcome-Five Minute Friday's prompt

Ah, yes, here I am again on Sunday. Too tired to post on Friday and needing more time to think. This week's prompt is........

overcome

Google defines it as: succeed in dealing with a problem or difficulty; defeat of an opponent or prevail

John 16:33 "But take heart, I have overcome the world." (NIV)

I can't take the credit. When I think of the BIG problems in my life, I didn't succeed in dealing with them. I couldn't. The only way I made it through was because of the opportunities made available to me by God.

When my parents divorced and I needed a new place to go, Christian neighbors stepped in and said, "You can stay here as long as you need to."

When I needed money to go to college, I did some work study, but again, others provided through scholarships, grants, loans, and a sizable donation from my church.

When I needed to get a Masters within five years to keep my certification, a friend came by and told me about a special grant program. I got my Masters in one year for free.

STOP

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (NIV)

Philippians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." 

After writing this I later recalled an interview with Fred Rogers about looking for the helpers. I know God has been faithful to send them to me through the years and with that gracious provision, we are all helped! Hope you enjoy the video.


To see how others have overcome, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. Leigh, we really can't take credit except, can we? Just for stepping into the provision, even when we don't know the outcome. Thanks for sharing about God's faithfulness in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an encouraging read. We are all overcomers in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always found that when I could see the furthest, it was because I was standing upon the shoulders of giants.

    Wonderful post, Leigh, and a joyous insight into a grace-filled heart.

    ReplyDelete