Friday, October 6, 2017

Story-Five Minute Friday

story..........

We love to hear them! Sometimes they captivate us and we are taken away to a whole other world. C.S. Lewis' books did that for me this summer, along with another one called "Hold the Rein Free" by Judy Van Der Veer. All children's lit, but so very enjoyable.

How's my own story? Well, that's another story. It's been anything but predictable as I look back over the past few decades. Parts of it I love, some parts are neither here nor there, and then there are other parts down right depressing and overwhelming. Some very good lessons have been learned, but I can't see past the blasted chapter I'm in now and therefore am struggling.


STOP

Here are a few of my favorite children's stories, if you are ever so inclined:

  • The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
  • Oh, the Places You'll Go-Dr. Seuss
  • CS Lewis The Chronicles of Narnia (all 7!)
  • The One and Only Ivan- KA Applegate
  • Hold the Rein Free-Judy Van Der Veer
  • Charlotte's Web-EB White
  • Black Beauty-Anna Sewell
To see what others' stories entail check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment