Friday, April 7, 2017

Enough- Five Minute Friday on Friday

I read the prompt late last night and felt inspired as I was cooking dinner tonight. The weekend is here, vacation has begun and Easter is on the way. Spring has sprung and the flowers are blooming. I hope you are encouraged or challenged.

enough....

Is it enough to live in America, enjoy good health, have an education and a good job?

Or is it enough to have rich intimacy and relationships?

What is enough?


Enough of that, no more.

How about, "Enough! I've had it!"

The passive aggressive child who infuriates?

Or the martyr complex in people you know?


I've stewed over this and that.

I've cried when a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and a healthy body just

don't feel enough in the silence at home.

I remembered in a little over a week, it will be Easter, when Jesus said "It is 

finished!"

God declared it was enough.

STOP

John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." (NASB)

To see what others are saying enough to check out www.katemaotaung.com

3 comments:

  1. So thankful that God declared it is enough. Thank you for this reminder. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jesus said "It is finished!" God declared it was enough.

    This is indeed the greatest news ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and it reminded me of a short poem...

    Where you are,
    is what you've got
    whether it's far
    enough, or not.

    Yeah, it's doggerel. The dogs helped me write it.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/04/your-dying-spouse-294-famous-last-words.html

    ReplyDelete