Sunday, April 16, 2017

Empty-Five Minute Friday on Sunday

It's the last day of spring break for me. As always, it goes oh so fast. As many are celebrating the empty tomb and the power of resurrection life today, I had some other thoughts.  Bear with me as I share memories of a trip I took almost twenty years ago.



empty.......

Vacant or unoccupied. Have you been to the Dead Sea? I have and I really floated on top.

It's rich in minerals and great for skin conditions like psoriasis, but nothing lives in it. My eyes stung so badly when the water splashed upon my face. 

It's called the DeadSea because it's dead or empty of any plant or animal life.

There is no outlet for the water to flow into and empty itself into. So, it sits. Nothing lives in it, but we can keep afloat on top.


I think of my peace plant, too big for its home now. Leaves are starting to die. It's time to 

split it up and give some away.


STOP

Philippians 2:6-7 "who, although He existed in the form of God , did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond servant and being made in the likeness of men"


To see what others are emptying, check out www.katemotaung.com

No comments:

Post a Comment