Friday, July 5, 2019

Take-Five Minute Friday

I missed last week! First one in I don't know how long. I didn't know what to write, was pretty pooped  when I did have a few minutes to myself, and so it never got done. 

I'm here today on a Friday posting. I was encouraged by an unexpected find this morning. During my quiet time, I began to question, "How do I know God still hears me?" Years have gone by with some pretty BIG unanswered prayers. I still have people in my family who are not speaking to each other and refuse to reconcile. One of them has not talked to me in quite some time and continues to ignore me in spite of the numerous times I've reached out. Today I was encouraged though.

Take....

Take it in stride. Cope. Manage or accept difficulty or the unfortunate well. 

I was bummed out. Half way through a fourth of July BBQ yesterday, I realized I lost an earring. UGH! I looked in my car and around the area I was sitting. It could have been anywhere. I looked when I got home last night. Nothing. Chances were good I wasn't going to find it anywhere. God only knows when and where I lost it. It was one of my all time favorites, worn many a time through the years. I figured I would not find it. No sense in driving myself crazy looking for it. I'd be shopping for another pair. UNTIL this morning while I was talking to a friend on the phone. I spotted it on the rug. I didn't bother to pray, but there it was. Found.

STOP

After my discovery, I thought about how the earring was something I could replace. I wasn't happy that I may not be able to find the exact same pair again, but I knew it wasn't the end of the world. I could easily go buy another pair. Yet, here it was found on my living room rug! I was willing to let it go and not search any further. 

Healing and reconciliation between people in my family is worth SO MUCH MORE than a favorite pair of earrings. If God allowed me to find a missing earring, would He not work in the hearts of people in my family of whom are so much more valuable? Would I not find reconciliation and healing in due time?

Isaiah 65:24 'It will come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking I will hear." (NASB)

To see what others are taking away from this week's prompt, check out: www.fiveminutefriday.com


No comments:

Post a Comment