Thursday, July 18, 2019

Willing- A Very Late Five Minute Friday from last week on the 12th!

Summer is flying by and I am just sitting down to post my thoughts with regards to last week's prompt. Are you willing to read and ask yourself the same questions?

Willing....

It still kind of boggles my mind that I found my lost earring over a week ago. It befuddles me, quite honestly only because I've found myself admitting more and more, "I know God CAN DO ALL things, but what is He WILLING TO DO?"

I've had my fair share of disappointments, receiving not just the "wait" answer to prayers, but flat out "NO's". No to requests for physical healing for different loved ones. No to finding another place to live this year. No to both little and big requests throughout life. When you get a few no's in a row, it's not only frustrating, but disheartening.

STOP

I ran out of time to write, but I didn't want to end it with that. Some pretty big NO's have caused me to not ask or expect as much. Yet upon venting my frustrations in prayer, new questions came to mind:

"What have I been willing and/or unwilling to do? How does God feel?"

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you."

I listened to a radio program earlier today which encouraged people to not give up on praying for different loved ones as the speaker, Eva Whittington Self prayed for her dad for 15 years to come to know the peace and love of God. At 80 years old, he finally did.

To see what others have been willing to post check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were willing to write this post. I am usually the last one to post and almost always on Thursday evenings lately. Thanks for sharing. FMF #44

    ReplyDelete