Thursday, December 27, 2018

With-Final Five Minute Friday for the Year!!

Everything has been a bit of a whirlwind since vacation started last week. I finally found a day to catch up and post for the final Five Minute Friday of 2018! Hard to believe another year is rapidly ending. As I think about the old and the new I am challenged to take the images that came to mind with me into 2019. No matter what comes our way in 2019, may we all be able to take a lesson from Xander and remain in peace knowing, God is with us.


With......

I don't get much done with a cat on my lap. I feel guilty moving him or pushing him to the side. He's content as can be sprawled across my legs, snuggled into the warmth of my fuzzy gray and pink robe. Without a care in the world, he rests and breathes deep. Every now and then he lets out a sigh.

As long as he is near to the one he holds so dear, he is at peace. I've had him two months and he even eats slower, now that he's settled in. Often he lays with his rear end facing me, which I've read means he trusts me and likes to protect the one he is with.

He is a love and I am so enjoying him. A new companion.

Do I rest in Jesus this way?

STOP

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." (NASB)

To see what others have for their final post of the year, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. Amen. That’s a good question for all of us. And a great example. Have you ever thought of writing a devotional? I bet some of your five minute Friday writings would be good for that.

    ReplyDelete