Sunday, December 16, 2018

Still-Five Minute Friday

We are halfway through December, a month that is impossible for many of us to remain still, especially the little ones. I wasn't sure where to go at first with this week's prompt, but may it be a blessing and a challenge for all of us, including myself.

Still

Slow and steady wins the race.

Still is to persist, remain faithful.

And in the end win.

We're all still here.

Those of us who are,

Jesus has not returned.

And the world has not come to an end.

As so many predicted it would on a certain date.

No one knows the day or the hour.

And yet when He comes,

Will He still find faith on the earth?

Will we remain in Him? 

And let Him still storms and raging seas

that rise and fall around us and from within?

He will still come.

He promised. He must.

Will I still be ready and waiting?

Will I let Him still the storms in me until then?

STOP

Matthew 16:15 "But what about you?" he asked. 'Who do you say I am?" (NASB)

To see what others are still up to with our community Five Minute Friday, check out:www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm your neighbor in FMF... #50.

    Beautiful piece. I like this...He will still come. He promised. He must. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete