Monday, December 10, 2018

Balance- Five Minute Friday for December 7th!

Ah! The end of 2018 is rapidly approaching. Time to reflect, but also to look at what's ahead. I like the challenge of last Friday's prompt. How easy is it for any of us to.............


Balance

It's a verb, you know

Even out the scales

Have your check book match what the bank says

Walk across a skinny, long beam

My favorite is riding a horse

To keep it, I must stay focused and centered

Even the slightest degree of leaning

To the right or the left can throw me

And them off

It's a skill one develops over time

Once you have it-oh the places one can go

Faster and faster, up, down, all around

If I'm not, I don't want to think where I'd end up

Better to learn it early on and put it into practice

Then find out years later you're way off course

STOP

Matthew 7:14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (NASB)

To see what and how others balance, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com


1 comment:

  1. So many ways to balance in life...
    I enjoyed the part about riding the horse. I haven't done that for years. Thanks for sharing. FMF #44 this week.

    ReplyDelete