Sunday, October 28, 2018

Moment-Five Minute Friday

So this week people are ruminating about a key point in their lives. It may even be more than one. For me, I could only think back to one.......


Moment....

Defining, huh? I never knew when I became friends with the girl next door what it would lead to. We used to sit on her front porch steps late at night talking. I can't remember the day we met or how. I just remember talking with her. I remember the times I witnessed she and her mom laugh and kid about all kinds of things, while her mom colored or permed her hair. I had never seen a mother and daughter get along so well and laugh while hanging out together. It was appetizing. It made me want that fun, loving family life for myself.

STOP

UGH! I hate that darn timer!

To continue, I never dreamed her family would actually become my family. I never knew my friendship with her would lead to her parents taking me in when my own parents were not able to care for me any longer. They said I could stay as long as I needed to. They asked me to go to church with them. I never knew they went to church until they invited me to join them as part of their family. One thing led to another and eventually I came to know God personally through their example of love and faith. 

I never realized until earlier this year, I CAN'T say thank you enough to the woman I now call my sister, who became my friend over thirty years ago. My life changed all because of a friendship! 

Love you, my sister and my friend!

Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them." (NASB)

To see what others have defined as key moments in their lives, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Our lives were also enriched by you becoming part of our family
    Love you much

    ReplyDelete