Friday, May 4, 2018

Adapt- Five Minute Friday

TGIF! For the first time in awhile, I actually have time to sit and post on a Friday. This week's word is one I've learned to live with since my years as a youth growing into adulthood and then in becoming a teacher. Google defines it as "make suitable for a new use or purpose; modify" Sooner or later everyone must............

adapt

Reduce, reuse, recycle

Stop wasting, but save it for another time

If you have to modify

Life is all about how you handle plan b

In teaching primary level students, I've learned to write plans in pencil. I've also learned to save ideas or lessons for a different day when needed. Save the chunks, the scraps, and whatever else. After all, highly effective means always developing, always tweaking, and cultivating so it can bring some golden nugget of truth to life.

Reminds me of compost-God's natural recycling plan. Tossing the scraps and fibrous skins in, fertilizing future fulness to come forth.

STOP

Romans 8:28"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (NASB)

To see how others adapt check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. "Writing plans in pencil": I like that. I LOVE my routine and predictability, but I also know life is better if I can be at least somewhat flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are a creative and interesting teacher. Your students are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a professional environmental manager, I really connected with your reduce, reuse, recycle analogy! And I write everything on my calendar in pencil, too - things always change! (I'm your neighbor on FMF)

    ReplyDelete