Saturday, May 19, 2018

Secret- Five Minute Friday

God keeps a lot of secrets. So much is hidden from us to either protect or surprise. One of the little secrets was an anonymous gift I have never forgotten. This was just another token I least expected. To this day, the giver remains a ..........


Secret

It's still a secret. I never found out who was led to be so generous, but it doesn't really matter. I never forgot the action and to this day I remain humbled by it.

I had recently graduated from college and was living in NYC, while teaching in a private Christian school. One Sunday while I was driving to church in New City, my car began to shake, rattle, and smoke. I made it to church just in time, but the head gasket was officially blown. Two weeks and a thousand dollars later it was fixed. My credit card was maxed with no money in savings and I had lots of college loans I was only beginning to repay.

Someone gave my church a check for the amount to cover my car repairs. Someone from my church back home and to this day I still don't know who.

STOP

Thank you, my family, my friend! You were oh so kind and generous to a young girl in her twenties who had much to learn about managing money. I have never forgotten your and God's kindness since then. I look for opportunities to pay it forward, knowing we all need grace in time of need. May God continue to bless you and may your barns never cease to overflow.

Philippians 4:19" And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God be the glory forever and ever. Amen." (NASB)

To see what other secrets are out of the bag or still being kept, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of God's provision in your life! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Visiting from my spot at #59. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, thank you so much for sharing this...itgives one hope for the orld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I think I just said, 'hope for the orld'. My 'w' key is being melodramatic.

    ReplyDelete