Friday, February 17, 2017

Weak- Five Minute Friday

I haven't done an acrostic in awhile, so I thought of one for today. I hope you enjoy the read and find some nugget of truth worth taking away.


Worried and trying to

Eat the whole elephant 

At one time

Kills our joy and any chance of overcoming 

We get weak in the knees when we look at a whole problem and all the what ifs at once. It wears us down and can immobilize us. My dad used to say, "You're trying to eat the whole elephant at once. You have to take it one bite at a time."

When I have followed that advice, it has helped. 

One day at a time, step by step, the grace is there.

It's not there for the next twenty or thirty years or steps ahead. I want it to be, but it's not.

When I recently went back to the gym after not working out for so long, I was weaker. Yet little by little, I get stronger each time.

STOP

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 (NASB)

To see what others are thinking this week check out www.katemotaung.com

3 comments:

  1. Great words of wisdom here! I'm definitely guilty of trying to see too far ahead and wanting the whole route mapped out, and it does make you feel weak and overwhelmed. Much better to trust God for strength one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh I love this. Sufficient is my one word 2017. #dothenextthing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh I love this. Sufficient is my one word 2017. #dothenextthing

    ReplyDelete