Friday, May 27, 2016

Cheer- five Minute Friday

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (NKJV)





I was anything but of good cheer last night. I began my first pottery class thinking it would be relaxing art therapy. I was anything but relaxed. I couldn't make anything on the wheel! I had to start over THREE TIMES!

I had no idea how much skill and patience is required for such a task. It was the first of several classes. Our goal is to make 150 soup bowls to be used in a fall fundraiser. I'm not off to a good start. At least by the end though I was able to get and keep the clay centered.

Interesting to learn the clay resists, as it wants to maintain its original shape and form, but be of good cheer. A skilled potter makes something beautiful out of it and this is just the beginning.

STOP

Too see what others are cheering about check out www.katemoatung.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved your analogy! I hope you become more confident as the weeks progress!

    ReplyDelete