Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last Thoughts.....

It is the last day of the second to last month of the year. I was kind of jolted into reality yesterday when one of my students was fretting over being made of fun. Katia is very sensitive and a bit of a perfectionist. She firmly told Rachel, "Don't make fun of me!"

"Rachel wasn't making fun of you, Katia," I counseled.

'But she will," she persisted.

"Has she ever made fun of you before?" I inquired.

"Ella made fun of me," she answered.

"That was Ella. That's not Rachel," I pointed out.

"Oh," she responded.


How often do we do that? I know I have plenty of times. Sometimes, I still do. As the old adage goes- History repeats itself. It certainly can, but I am reminded to take a good dose of my own advice to Katia.

I Corinthians 13:5,7 "it (love) keeps no record of wrongs. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

No comments:

Post a Comment