Monday, November 22, 2010

Juggling, Pulling, Tugging and Ringing

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I am overwhelmed by too much info. and activities! I just can't keep up with everything. I don't know how and when people find time to do everything they do. I am so far behind on reading blog posts. Yet I manage to check email daily. As a teacher, there's always work to be done-things to clean, organize, lessons to revise, new plans to be written, and children to pray for. My apartment? Well let's just say I'm glad I don't have the mess that comes with having a rather large, hairy pet lying around. I only do a thorough cleaning about once a month. Don't worry, the laundry gets done weekly, along with the dishes I wash daily. Exercise? Well, that's taken a back seat with the blog reading. What can I say, it's been a few weeks.

There's always something whispering or crying aloud, "Hey! Over here-check this out!" This brings me to question, "Where does all my time go? What is it that is constantly tugging at my heart and beckoning for my undivided attention?"

Luke 12:34 reads, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

In spite of the numerous conveniences we have with technology today, why are we so busy and always in a rush?

I need to slow down. I need to ponder and count the cost. It's time to reflect upon the year rapidly approaching commencement.

What did I do with my treasury and my time?
Was it worth it?
Where am I headed?
What do I hope to achieve and by when?


In the upcoming new year, 2011, I will continue teaching and juggling the many tasks at work, as well as with church, and time spent with family and friends, but I know I will also need to re prioritize some things. I can't do everything.

"..since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."- Hebrews 12:1.

As I approach finishing this post, my thoughts race back to 8:15 a.m. this morning when I was traveling the long and narrow county route to work. A blue and white tractor trailer began to pull right out in front, blocking the lane I was driving in. I laid on the horn and swerved into the left lane to avoid crashing as there was no time to stop. The trailer had ceased etching forward and I continued driving north, both stunned and relieved. Thank God! Thank God no one else was in the left lane and the trailer stopped. Thank God I was spared, but what for?

As we enter another holiday season of thankfulness and celebration, one ought to grapple with the question- 'What for?' .

After all, there will always be tasks, relationships, and requests to juggle. Not to mention, the pulling and tugging of everything else will refuse to sleep.

Today and everyday I live, I can choose what for. I can and should purpose in my heart what treasure is most worthy of investment because tomorrow is not promised.

" Never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." (John Donne, 1624)

No comments:

Post a Comment