Sunday, June 2, 2019

Name- Five Minute Friday

I'm back! I actually missed last week to celebrate a long weekend visiting my Aunt. Returning to work on Tuesday and getting back into the swing of things left little to no time for last week's prompt "Culture." It's actually the first one I've missed in I don't know how long. So here I am with this week's new prompt.......

Name....

Power in it. Good or bad. If someone is called "Stupid" over and over, how that can kill. BUT if someone is called "friend", "daughter", anything positive, it lifts up and empowers.

I love that God saw to it to change many people's names. He saw something different and called into being what was lacking. He gave hope to where none had been.

Abram became Abraham, the father of many, and Sarai, Sarah.

Jacob, a deceiver became Israel, one who prevailed with God.

And then Simeon became Peter (Petra), the rock.

God knew what He was doing.

STOP

Revelation 2:17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows, but he who receives it." (NASB)

To see what others have done with the "name", check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment