Sunday, April 14, 2019

Lack-Five Minute Friday

I missed last week, but here I am for this past Friday's prompt. In America, we certainly have a lot of resources. Sometimes I wonder if we have too many. So, I had to take a little extra time to think on what do I really lack?

Lack........

I had to think on this one a bit. What do I lack that I truly need? God has been so generous providing for my physical needs-the bare necessities of life, along with great relationships I enjoy with family and friends. So what more could a girl or anyone ask for?

If I ask myself this question in light of Psalm 119, I know there is plenty. Those who seek God with their whole hearts and are diligent to keep all of his ways are blessed. There is a standard to reach for and a rock to firmly plant our feet on, but honestly, I'm not actively seeking and pursuing with all my heart.

STOP

Psalm 119:1-2 "How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the Lord. How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, Who seek Him with all their heart."(NASB)

To see what others may be lacking, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. May God fill us both with a hunger and thirst for Him alone that enables us to pursue Him with our whole heart. Our flesh doesn't like it, but it's trials that truly breed a hunger and thirst for God - it's when we are forced to see our fleshly lack we meet His spiritual nourishing and fullness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God give us the desire to seek Him with all our hearts! Great post, Cindy. Blessings to you! <3

    ReplyDelete