Saturday, February 16, 2019

Confident-Five Minute Friday

I had one person in mind when I wrote this today. She is one of the most courageous women I know and has such a strong faith. Thank you Chris Cookie as I thank God for the gift of you!

Confident....

Confident He has her back

Confident in the face of challenges

Confident she will overcome

So long cancer, so long life of fear

So long anxiety, hello peace and cheer

So long mud and grime, hello fresh and clean

So long burdens, hello life again

Never down for the whole count

Back up and bouncing

Confident run wild


Will He make us this bold?

Can He strengthen our backs?

Will we persevere through the darkest of nights?

If He can't, we can't, but He can and He does

So we can

STOP

Philippians 1:6" For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (NASB)

To see what others are confident of, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi Leigh, nice poem and beautiful tribute! She sounds like a very special person. I'm checking in from Five-Minute-Friday, and so glad to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete