Saturday, August 11, 2018

Woman for Five Minute Friday

Many have written and sung songs about the marvelous gift of a woman. Women are unique and individual. We are not the same as men and I have to say, I'm glad to be a woman.


Woman

When I think of the gift of being a woman and the women I have observed and learned much from through the years, there are some key qualities that set us apart.

ATTITUDE- We can set the tone. Everyone knows, if mama ain't happy, nobody is. We add color to everything.

HOSPITALITY-The gift of serving others and making them feel comfortable in one's home, is the meat that feeds many.

INDUSTRIOUSNESS- We sacrifice for the sake of others. Sometimes at the expense of our well being, but we love to give. We have determination that accomplishes much, even if or especially when done on our knees.


STOP 

"It is better to live in a corner of a roof than in a house with a contentious woman." 
(Proverbs 21:9 NASB)

"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain....Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her saying:'Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.'" 
(Proverbs 31:10,11, 28,29 NASB)

Some of the great women authors and speakers I have learned from include Elizabeth Elliot, Ann Kimel Anderson, Ruth Bell Graham, Amy Carmichael, and Joni Eareckson Tada. Check them out! You can learn much!





I am thankful for these women as well as many who have crossed my paths and come into my life. 
The women I have observed first hand through the years who have taught me life skills and helped to shape who I am today include my grandmother, mother, a second mom(Linda), Grandma Betty, and Aunt B, along with many wonderful women I've met through work or church and have the privilege of being their friend.

Both young and old, frail and strong.

Tall, or short, thin or plump.

Graying or not.

Single, widowed, divorced, or married.

Living life debt free or indebted.

Keeping house, raising kids, working, or finding a new way.

Talking or doing and doing while talking.

Watching and listening, while sometimes deciding.

Wanting and needing, never is enough.

Worrying while comparing.

Bearing good news or bad.

Healing or hurting.

We are women and we are complex!

To see what others are doing with this week's prompt check out www.fiveminutefriday.com










4 comments:

  1. You have beautifully captured "woman." Thanks for your list of women who inspire you. I've heard of a few of them but will definitely check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this... and the line about how we add color... so much yes and amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true! Attitude means everything! May we all set the tone of living a life of love.

    Looks like you have been blessed with a lot of women who have poured into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring and Beautifully written. I am so glad you are in my life. Love you much

    ReplyDelete