Thursday, August 23, 2018

Loved- a late posting for the seventeenth's Five Minute Friday

I was away on vacation and just got around to writing something for last week's prompt. How does one sum up in five minutes what it means to be loved or have deeply loved someone else?

 I thought of Victor and Gloria who welcomed my friend, Lori and I into their beautiful home with arms wide open and smiles beaming ear to ear for our respite near the beach.

Then, I thought of Lori who has been with her husband for almost 31 years and has learned to put others before herself. She is content to ask and let someone else pick an activity or get something to eat before she does. She never complains and always looks for opportunities to give.

However, the most extravagant case of love is what I listened to this morning on Chuck Swindoll's Insight for Living while driving to work. May I and others never forget how much we have been........


LOVED..

He loved enough to endure the insults, mockery, and crown of thorns. 

Crucifixion, a barbaric practice in old time Rome.

Christ suffered and did not turn away.

My dad, Guy learned to endure as well.

My half an hour showers, dirty looks and colorful words.

Moodiness at its peak around not so sweet sixteen.



A decision made.

Loved equals believed.

Whole heartedly knowing there is gold on the other side of the rainbow.

To be loved and to give to others means endure for a better future and the best for 

someone else.

STOP

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." (NASB)

To see how others have loved, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and a great reminder of all we have been given through Christ.

    ReplyDelete