Sunday, June 24, 2018

Ocean-Five Minute Friday

Ah! Summer is finally here and I am looking forward to my next trip to the beach. How can I sum up in five minutes what the ocean means to me?


Ocean..........




Soak it up, salt and waves


Sandy beach, suntan lotion

All over my body, down to my feet


Cool tides rushing in

Broken shells and mussels

Turned over and over within
 Can't get enough, it holds my attention

The rhythm of the currents, rushing sounds

Splishing and splashing




I can lay on a blanket taking a nap or walk the shoreline

On boardwalk or sand


It calls to me annually

I'm reminded how powerful and vast

Luke warm or icy temps in Maine 







No matter where

I'm sure to want to stay

I'd live there if I could

One day, perhaps, one day

STOP

Job 38:8-11 " Or who enclosed the sea with doors when, bursting forth, it went out from the womb; When I made a cloud its garment And thick darkness its swaddling band, And I placed boundaries on it And set a bolt and doors, And I said 'Thus far you shall come, but no farther; And here shall your proud waves stop'?" (NASB)

To see what others have done with the ocean check out: www.fiveminutefriday.com

1 comment: