Saturday, August 19, 2017

Speak- Five Minute Friday

There were so many directions I could go with this week's prompt, but when I thought of Psalm 86:17 and "a token for good", I thought of all the things which God spoke into existence and how he continues to speak. In some countries people are not allowed to worship and practice a personal faith walk without persecution. In spite of the silence that some try to enforce, governments will never be able to silence the One who is always speaking. 

speak.......

There is a voice speaking.
It whispers in our sleep.
It asks us lots of questions.
It asks us what we see.

Do we dismiss the rising of the sun
and early morning dew? 
As just the way things are?
Without another thought or two?
Are we enchanted?
Or have our ears grown dull of hearing?

He is speaking lessons and showing miracles,
all throughout the world.

Some try and drown Him out.
Others scoff and mock.
They speak words of foolishness.
Their hearts quite hard.

STOP

Matthew 16:15 "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

To see what others are speaking this week, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Beautiful poem. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Leigh1

    Though I have to confes that I heard, in my head and heart...

    "Have you been half-asleep?
    have you heard voices?
    I hear them calling my name..."

    Yep, Kermit and that Rainbow Connexion.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/08/your-dying-spouse-351-this-will-all-be.html

    ReplyDelete