Sunday, December 10, 2017

Only-Five Minute Friday

Agh!! If only I had more than five minutes for this one. My fingers do not write or type fast enough. I am going to add on though at the end because otherwise you will be left wondering.

only........

One remaining
Nearing the end
Light ahead
Yearning for it

My senior year of college I decided to become an orientation leader for incoming freshmen. I wanted to give back by befriending the newbies and helping them transition to college life. As part of a unity building activity amongst us, our leader asked us to write one thing down that we would ask God for. It was the only thing I could think of that meant the most, seeing my brother, George again.

Due to our parents divorcing and other extenuating circumstances, George and I were separated at a young age.

STOP-timer went off

So, I wrote it out, folded up the piece of paper and tossed it into the bowl. Each of us then took turns picking out a different piece of paper. We were to pray for that person's request.

Later that year, my birth mother and I started communicating again. George had been living with her, while I was with a new family. She sent me a picture of the two of them for Christmas. By the end of my senior year they were both there at my college graduation.

George and I still have a lot of catching up to do for the years lost, but I was thrilled to be there for his wedding and look forward to more celebrating with him!


Matthew 7:11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him." (NASB)

To see what others have for only, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I was moved to tears by your post. Thanks for sharing this part of your story. Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome answer to prayer. So glad for your Sweet reunion and more happy times to celebrate and make memories God is Good!

    ReplyDelete