Friday, July 14, 2017

Comfort-Five Minute Friday

It's raining outside and the air has cooled considerably, so many different images and experiences came to mind for comfort this morning. Perhaps with some of them you can relate. What I ran out of time to include though is the truth that comfort is never given to us for keeping to ourselves. "Go and do likewise"  (Luke 10:37, NIV) was the last thing to come to mind. There are times when each of us is in need, but then there are times we can comfort and bless others out of the abundance we have received.

May each of us think, "How can I pass it on?" The world will surely become a much better place.

comfort........

A hot cup of coffee on a cold, rainy day

A bear hug from my dad, Guy

Unexpected flowers from a friend

A nurse who shows compassion for discomfort and pain

All of these things bring comfort and refreshment to me. This morning though I was reminded of Psalm 40:1-3, being lifted out of miry clay and given a firm place to stand. 

How God used Guy and Linda, my new mom and dad to do that for me. I can never forget! Life before them was tumultuous and writhing in pain. Life after them in it became a safe haven and greenhouse for growth.

STOP

Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. he brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the Lord." (NASB)

To see what others find comfort in check out www.fiveminutefriday.com 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Leigh. We're #fmf neighbors. That portion is Psalms has always brought comfort to me too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you point out after receiving comfort we need to pass it on to others. Visiting from FMF. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is the great comforter! He always knows what we need.

    ReplyDelete