Saturday, June 10, 2017

Expect- Five Minute Friday

What a word for this week. I had vacation plans fall through, lost an important booklet, and am now facing a week ahead filled with ninety degree temps after being in the sixties and low seventies. I'm not even sure what to expect anymore. Is anyone out there with me? Thus, what am I left to.......

Expect?

We expect to be home or somewhere each night.

We expect to see the sun the next day.

We expect loved ones to follow through and not disappoint us.

We expect a lot, both me and you.

I can't tell you what to expect.

I'm not sure what will come or go, who will disappoint, or surprise me.

But I know the One who does.

He never promised life would be easy.

He never said it would go according to plan.

He did say to expect trouble, for we'll all get our fair share.

I can't tell you what He'll do or not do.

Maybe things will go smooth and maybe not.

I'm not even sure what to expect Him to do now, but I'm sure I'll find out.

STOP

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 (NASB)

To see what others are expecting check outwww.fiveminutefriday.com


No comments:

Post a Comment