Friday, June 30, 2017

Blessing-Five Minute Friday

School is out and now is the time to sleep in late and catch up on other projects or take time to reflect. This morning's prompt was not what I expected, but then again, it never is. Perhaps He knew what I needed to shift my focus on.


blessing....

Years ago new friends encouraged me to take an inventory of my life. All positive, significant events get written on yellow post its. Painful, life changing events go on pink post its. After reflecting, you write lessons learned on green post its.

I've tried to do it every year now. As my birthday is quickly approaching, I will begin reviewing my journal for the past year to see what went well and what was unexpected. I've been doing this for years now and do you know what I've discovered?

I've always had more yellow than pink! I can say like the gospel singer, Marvin Winans, "All my good days, outweigh my bad days, so I won't complain."

STOP

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

To see what blessings others are rejoicing in, check out www.fiveminutefriday.com

2 comments:

  1. What a great visual reminder to see the blessings in your life! (Visiting from Five Minute Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great way to reflect. Sometimes the difficulties can be what stick in our minds so it's helpful to remember that really there often are more blessings. I love the verse from Philippians too- I knew there was a verse in the back of my mind that went with my FMF post and I couldn't think what it was, but this is the one was thinking of! Visiting from #31.

    ReplyDelete