Friday, January 20, 2017

Refine-Five Minute Friday

I had all kinds of images come to me this morning for this week's prompt. Before I share though, I want to thank the people who have been a mirror in my own life. They are friends and family members who have been bold enough to be honest with me about the not so nice stuff and still love me unconditionally. My late dad, Guy, and my mom, Linda, endured so much when I first went to live with them at the age of fifteen. They were gentle, but they were honest and did set boundaries. The friends I've had for close to twenty years or more are honest. We've had some tough conversations through the years, but I know I am a better person now because of them.  I thank God for the people in my life.

Proverbs 27:6 "Wounds from a  friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses."


REFINE

Nobody really likes it.

It's more uncomfortable to some than others.

Having a bright light with a mirror held up shows everything;

especially if it's one of those cosmetic mirrors that magnifies

every little detail on your skin.


Or what about the co-worker or roommate that hears and sees

what you say and do on a regular basis?

They can see those things, too.

Iron sharpens iron.

They can hold up the mirror or echo back what we say.

And then we can see.

We may love what we see or we may see those zits or

stubborn hairs needing some attention.

What will we do?

STOP

To see what others have come up with for today, check out www.katemotaung.com


2 comments:

  1. This is pure truth. So glad we are parked next to one another at FMF today. I am #19

    ReplyDelete