Saturday, January 7, 2017

Connect-Five Minute Friday

Last year my second language learners acquired some new vocabulary. A retired teacher and friend of mine brought his model trains in for them to see. They were thrilled. I was happy to have a guest share with them his love of trains and how he connects everything together for it to work. 

Thus, "connect, disconnect, transformer, electricity, extension cords, and engineer", were just a few of the new words they learned. This week's prompt brought me back to that day. Everything had to be connected together and plugged into a main power source for those trains to zip around the tracks and deliver yummy granola bars to each of my students.

So this is what I came up with for.............


connect

When the wires were disconnected, the synergy stopped

No more power, no more flow, no more movement

When I disconnect, I'm dead

Nothing more happens

Like two wires or extension cords unplugged from the main source

I will lie on the floor, taking up space, unable to bring any change or effect

Connected I am infused with power, a source not of myself, but in myself

Together we are better than apart

If I abide in Him, I can bear much fruit

STOP

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (NIV)


To see what and how others connect, check out www.katemotaung.com

1 comment:

  1. "Connected I am infused with power, a source not of myself, but in myself" I love this! Through Christ we are connected to a higher power and will be able to do marvelous things.

    ReplyDelete