Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Day of Great Team Work!

Today is my grandmother's birthday. She would've been 88 years old. It is the first year our tradition of celebrating our birthdays together was broken. We were both born in this month.

However, to honor her life and memory we held a special service at her graveside and celebrated with a nice lunch afterwards. I am so grateful for all of the people who contributed to make this day so special and lovely.

Thanks be to God for great weather-not a cloud in the sky and not too hot!




Thanks to all the people who came! What a pleasure to meet some friends of Mom moms who have known her since they were kids. Also to see some of my cousin's friends who came out to support all of us.

Thanks to my cousin and her hubby for setting up the tent canopy, chairs, getting the good china for us to eat off, and the red carnations. (Red carnations were Mom moms favorite!)

Thanks to my Aunt for helping with clean up and bringing her long time friend.

Thanks to my Aunt's friend, Barbara for the beautiful poem she wrote about Mom Moms.

Thanks to my brother and his fiancee, Nikki for joining us via FaceTime.




Thanks to my friend, Cynthia for letting us use the fellowship hall at her church for the luncheon.

Thanks to my loving pastor for his encouraging and beautiful words to everyone. Also for the time he visited my grandmother in the hospital when she was dying and the time he spent with my family and I afterwards in talking about how we can all honor her.









Thanks to my mom, Linda who helped with set up and clean up for our lunch.

Thanks to Guy and Cherish, brother and sister in law of my new family, for being there and helping to set up for our lunch.




Everyone cooperated. We worked together. We helped each other. Today we came together as a team to honor my grandmother on her special day, the day she was born, and IT WAS GREAT!

Psalm 133:1 "How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity."

No comments:

Post a Comment