Friday, September 11, 2015

Same- Five Minute Friday

I sit in the same chair each morning.

At night I return to the same place,
same apartment, same kitchen,
living room, bathroom, bedroom.

It is a constant in my life.

I have been at the same job for many years,
but things are not the same.

New faces, new rooms, new routines.

We liked it the same.

Sameness brings comfort.
We know what to expect.
When it's lacking, we don't.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Let it be, let it be the same.


STOP

As always, you can check out what others are writing at www.katemotaung.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your new neighbor at Kate's blog. :) Fun. I love the opening image of the chair. Indeed, there is comfort in being the same. We can travel for weeks, but I know the comfort of my same bed waits for me at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, several things have become part of my daily routine. As you noted, "Sameness brings comfort," but it is good to know that when the unfamiliar, unplanned, and even unwanted enters our lives, there is One who is unchanging. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, Leigh - I recently wrote a blog post about moving - I had done a little tallying and the number was kind of surprising. Now, my husband and I are in the process of buying yet another house, to turn into a home. We say it's going to be our retirement home - our forever home, and we're making plans on renovating and designing it to fit our lifestyle and needs. Somewhere in the back of my mind, though, is the question -- do you KNOW how to stay in one place? I'm not sure that I do. But even with all the changes, there are many sames -- my husband, my daughter, the thrill of finding joy wherever we are - Those are the sames I hope never change... I'm a far neighbor at FMF this week - and am thankful I decided to do some wandering...

    ReplyDelete