Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Beginnings-Happy Birthday, Mom!

Each day is a gift with loved ones to tell and show them how much we care.
 There is no guarantee we will have this chance again. 

A resolution I have this year is to let my loved ones know how thankful I am for them enriching my life. 


 My mom is rather tall with a smile to light up the room

 My height comes from her

 Along with a love for dessert

 She is eager to serve and do

 Continuously pouring herself out

 She is a caretaker, nurse, thinker and giver

 She is my mom, teacher and friend


 A woman not afraid of work or dirt

 She taught me how to clean

 She modeled elegance in table setting,

 festive decorations and great home cooked meals

 She had my bedroom painted pink

 Disney World, Santa's Workshop and Hershey

 were all places she loved to take me

 Adventure is still her middle name


 Today she calls or texts me

 Says "Thank you. I really appreciate everything!"

 She asks, "What do you need?"

 Not afraid to say she is sorry

 She admits her regrets and mistakes

 There is a sweetness about her

 In spite of all life's lemons

 She's made some great lemonade


 My mom has taught me many lessons

 Through all life's ups and downs,

 I can say I am so thankful she is my mother

 Especially with the time we have now

 Happy Birthday to my mom, Gena Mae!

No comments:

Post a Comment