Thursday, May 5, 2011

Top Three and Then Some

I was given a new challenge tonight.

ASSIGNMENT? Before sleep write down three things that went well today. Do this each night for the next few weeks. What could I say? I've done it before, but here are three for the day:

* A friend returned my phone call and was open to resolving a disagreement
*Two students told me they have a surprise for me tomorrow for Mother's Day
* One student told me she liked me like her mom

These brought warmth to my heart, but one of my favorites? Oh, that's right. It was three things that went well and this one is not on the list. I guess I'll have to add it.

***Seeing and hearing the joy of my students creating masterpices of art via FINGERPAINT.

If only there was more time. They were just getting into it when the clock said it was time. Time to wind down and clean up. They loved that, too, though. All while belting out, "Shaving cream!! Shaving cream!!" to the tune of Jingle Bells. They were as free as wild horses galloping across the prairie and happy as pigs in mud. I felt much like the proverbial "fly on the wall".

I felt privileged to observe such creative juices flowing along with the empowerment of their young minds and the freedom that energizes and flows from within. They were kids being kids. And it was BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment