Friday, January 22, 2010

Just Do It!

"Whatever you want to do, do it. There are only so many tomorrows" read a fortune cookie script. For quite some time I've been entertaining the thought of writing a book and doing a blog. Well, here it is. It was time to, as Nike says, "Just Do It". Last year, I self published my very first collection of short stories entitled "Perfect Timing" and now for 2010, I have begun my own personal blog. Where will it go? Not a clue. What do I hope to accomplish? Sharing God's love and goodness.
Psalm 96:3(NIV)"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all the peoples.." God has been truly good to me. I have learned to count my blessings daily and expect something new each day. I hope this record of His tokens in my own life will encourage, you the reader, to do the same. I know He is waiting to surprise you.

To my surprise, one of my students was able to write his very first sentence today. He needed some help, but was able to do it and then read it back to me. Proud as a peacock he stood, grinning from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment