Friday, October 17, 2014

LONG- 5 Minute Friday

 I am so thankful for this exercise each week. It helps me to be creative and gives me an outlet I've needed for awhile. After a short week, but a long day here is what came to mind.


Lagging

On and on

Never

Going fast enough

This is how a day can feel sometimes, especially when there's too much monotony and not enough spontaneity. Sometimes it feels so LONG when prayers go unanswered and the same old, same old has grown stale.

I wish there weren't days and periods like this.  Then I remember the times when the time is not LONG enough; like when I'm riding bareback or trotting through a field of bright, yellow buttercups.  These are the moments that never lag behind. So I revel in them, craving the next time while trying to find something to rejoice in until then.


2 comments:

  1. Love your post (I headed over from FMF): it's funny how time can contract or expand depending on our perceptions of the moments we're living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..craving the next time while trying to find something to rejoice in until then" This is something I've been contemplating a lot, I seem to have an especially hard time finding joy in hard situations, this is a good way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete